National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) has integrated Bidgely’s UtilityAI™ solution into its service platform to enhance customer experience for utility cooperative members. Bidgely’s artificial intelligence (AI)-powered energy insights are embedded within NISC’s software platform to provide utility members with a 360-degree view of their energy consumers, improving various customer touch points, such as customer service, call center experiences and targeted marketing programs. In addition to driving higher satisfaction for end consumers, this integration further advances NISC’s innovation efforts to foster success among utility cooperative members.
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) integrates Bidgely’s AI-powered energy insights into service offering to advance innovation efforts for utility cooperative members.
“Bidgely’s energy insights are a perfect complement to our SmartHub and Meter Data Management Strategies, and we are excited to introduce a new set of offerings to our utility cooperative members,” said David Bonnett, Vice President of Product Management for NISC. “As we continually increase our member base and service offerings, we are confident Bidgely’s scalable and highly secure solutions will continue to grow with us.”
Applying AI and machine learning techniques to smart meter data, Bidgely’s UtilityAI solution itemizes a household’s energy usage down to the appliance level. Equipped with behind-the-meter energy intelligence, utility cooperatives are able to not only make smarter, more informed business decisions for grid management and planning but also encourage greater energy efficiency among consumers, resulting in higher engagement and loyalty. NISC’s utility cooperative members can apply Bidgely energy insights to a myriad of organizational operations, including:
- Increased customer satisfaction by providing relevant energy insights that educate and empower consumers to better manage their energy costs.
- Improved call center experiences by equipping utility representatives with at-a-glance customer information to resolve issues quickly and at a lower cost-to-serve.
- Reduced call center inquiries by providing budget alerts, forecasting tools and monthly summaries that minimize bill-related questions or surprises.
- More time- and cost-efficient program targeting by accurately identifying consumers for program enrollment (i.e. time-of-use rates; load shifting) and personalizing marketing communications based on consumption patterns.
- Greater grid resilience through a better understanding how energy flows along the grid, including electric vehicle (EV) detection, high demand times of use and distributed energy resource generation.
“We are proud to partner with NISC in bringing the next wave of advanced digital technology to utilities in rural communities across the U.S. for the first time, which traditionally has only been available to large utility corporations,” said Abhay Gupta, CEO of Bidgely. “One of the greatest aspects of AI is that it can be implemented universally, which is what we believe is essential in achieving greater energy equity around the world.”